The City of Fort Collins and Larimer County this year are celebrating 25 years of recycling Christmas trees – a program that will be available in Fort Collins this season from December 26 through January 19.
In Fort Collins, trees will be accepted at Edora Park, Rolland Moore Park and the Fort Collins Streets Facility. To help reduce the City’s environmental footprint, all trees will be chipped on site – watch for signage at drop-off sites with simple new instructions to follow. As always, this free recycling program depends on trees being entirely free of decorations.
Trees collected at the Fort Collins sites from this residential program will be processed into wood mulch suitable for yard projects for City residents next spring.
To ensure recycling of Christmas trees without contamination issues, please remove all lights, string, wire, metal hooks, nails, ornaments, tinsel, fake snow and bags before taking trees to one of the drop-off locations.
• Wellington Recycling Drop-Off Site, (Corner of Sixth Street and Grant Avenue)
• Edora Park, 1420 E. Stuart St. (Tennis court parking lot)
• Larimer County Landfill, 5887 S. Taft Hill Road (Mon. – Sat., 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
• Rolland Moore Park, 2201 S. Shields St. (Southeast corner of the parking lot)
• Fort Collins Streets Facility, 625 Ninth St. (Southwest corner of Vine Drive and Lemay Avenue)
For more information visit fcgov.com/recycling or http://www.larimer.org/solidwaste/ftc.htm.