During the week of July 29, the Larimer County Road and Bridge Department’s 2013 Chip Seal Program is scheduled to take place in areas north of Fort Collins city limits. Informational signs will be posted on affected roads detailing exact locations and time frames.
The Chip Seal Program consists of pothole patching, crack-filling, pre-sweeping, chip seal, post-sweeping, fog sealing, and re-striping as necessary. The chip seal will receive a fog seal at night between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. after the post chip seal sweeping has been completed. Traffic will be limited to one lane in these areas, expect delays of 10-15 minutes.
Motorists, bike riders and pedestrians may wish to choose alternate routes until the post chip seal sweeping is completed, usually no later than 72 hours after chip application. We encourage all traffic to drive slowly through the work zones and obey the posted speed limit to prevent materials that are being applied to the road from getting on vehicles or breaking windshields.
Please note that this schedule may change due to unforeseen circumstances.
During the week of July 29, we will be working in the following areas:
• Larimer County Road 19 From CR 56 North to CR 64 — Mon 7/29
• Larimer County Road 15 From CO HWY 1 North to CR 64 — Tue 7/30
• Larimer County Road 9 From CO HWY 1 North to CR 64 — Tue 7/30
• Larimer County Road 58 From CO HWY 1 West to Boxelder Creek — Wed 7/31
• Larimer County Road 54 (Douglas Rd) From CR 9 West to CR 11 — Wed 7/31
• Larimer County Road 54 (Douglas Rd) From CO HWY 1 West to CR 17 — Thur 8/1
• Travis Road From CR 17 East to end of County maintenance — Thur 8/1
Call the chip seal project line at 498-5666 or visit our web page, www.larimer.org/roads/road_closures.cfm, for more information and updated schedules.