With forecasted snow, U.S. Forest Service firefighters plan to burn slash piles (hand and machine piles) starting Dec. 4 at one or more of the following locations:
· Thompson River 1, near Pinewood Reservoir
· Pingree, near Rustic
· Red Feather 1, south and east of Red Feather Lakes
· Pratt, in the Sheep Creek area (north portion of the District)
Burning could take place starting Dec. 5 at one or more of these locations as well:
· Crystal 4, near Crystal Lakes Subdivision
· Thompson River 5, near Johnny Park Road
If conditions are favorable, burning could continue at any of these locations through the week and weekend. Conditions are evaluated each day of the burn to determine if ignition will take place. Wind, fuel moisture, staffing and snow cover all play a factor in where and whether ignition occurs.
Please check the recorded information line at 970-498-1030 for the latest information.