Kiwanis International, a worldwide service organization, would like to form a Kiwanis Club in Wellington. The timing seems to be right!
Founded in 1915 and headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Kiwanis International is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to improving the world one child and one community at a time. There are over 600,000 members and nearly 15,000 clubs in more than 90 nations. Community improvement is realized by doing service projects for the youth of the community (K-Kids Clubs, Builder’s Clubs, Key Clubs, CKI Clubs, Aktions Clubs).
Kiwanis also provides leadership training for high school students through its Key Leader Program, sponsors youth baseball teams and fishing derbies, works with the Boys and Girls Club, sponsors a Christmas party at the Northside Azlan Center and provides community service such as Poudre River Trail Clean Up, Colorado Feeding Kids (meals for the Larimer County Food Bank), Habitat for Humanity, trail work in Lory State Park and a worldwide service project (ELIMINATE) to eradicate maternal and neonatal tetanus.
Kiwanis is the place for you if you:
• Believe children are the future,
• Take pride in your community,
• Want to reach out to those in need,
• Enjoy meeting new people.
Because Kiwanis members:
• Improve communities one child at a time,
• Build enduring friendships.
• Better the lives of children,
• Participate in fun and fellowship,
• Sharpen leadership skills,
• Develop business contacts,
• Gain insight into local and international issues,
• Attain a greater appreciation of their own talents and successes.
Presentations have been made before the Wellington Board of Trustees and the Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. Local businesses have been contacted. Everyone had been very supportive of a new service club for Wellington.
We are in the process of having organizational meetings asking individuals to join our effort. Please contact Jack Gianola at 970 223-4500 or email@example.com) or Ray Kepler at 970 493-8855 or firstname.lastname@example.org.