If you hire someone to care for a loved one while you work, call your mom weekly to see if she is okay, help a parent with finances, take your spouse to doctor’s appointments or have a loved one living with a chronic illness, then this class is designed just for you.
Powerful Tools for Caregivers helps family caregivers acquire tools to increase their self- confidence. You will learn how to reduce stress, better communicate your feelings, balance your life, deal with difficult emotions and locate helpful resources. This class is offered at no cost and is intended to help you ‘thrive’ as a caregiver, not just ‘survive.’
A coalition including the Larimer County Office on Aging is sponsoring six upcoming 6-week classes titled Powerful Tools for Caregivers:
• Mondays, August 13 – September 24 , 3 – 5 p.m., Sterling House of Fort Collins, 1002 Rule Drive, Fort Collins. Call 970-229-9777 to register.
• Fridays, September 7 – October 12, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., The Hillcrest, 535 North Douglas Ave., Loveland. Call 970-593-9800 to register.
• Mondays, September 10 – October 22 , 4:30 – 6 p.m., Northern Colorado Rehab Hospital, 1 mile east of I-25, off of Hwy. 34, Loveland. Call 970-619-3477 to register.
• Wednesdays, September 19 – October 24, 1:00 – 3:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 531 S. College Ave., Fort Collins. Call 970-482-6107 to register.
• Wednesdays, October 3 – November 17 , 5:45 – 7:15 p.m., Aspen Club, Poudre Valley Hospital, Café B, 1024 S. Lemay, Fort Collins. Call 970-495-8560 to register.
For more information, contact Lynette McGowan, Caregiver Support Coordinator, Larimer County Office on Aging, 970-498-7758, email@example.com.