During a May 19 conference call with the National Weather Service, Larimer County Emergency Manager Lori Hodges was informed that more rain is expected throughout the week. Rainfall was steady today throughout the county throughout the day.
“Because the ground is saturated and more rain is expected later this week, people need to stay vigilant in and near waterways,” said Hodges. “The Poudre and Thompson Rivers are not expected to leave their banks. We are seeing a situation similar to last week’s rains with low water crossings being an issue. Lighter rain is expected in the next few days with thunderstorms late in the week.”
Larimer County Road and Bridge has crews assessing roadways throughout the county for possible problems.
The following closures are in place:
• The Kiowa Bridge in Pinewood Springs has been closed due to water overflow, residents have been notified and they need to stay in place until the bridge can reopen.
• CR 2 at the Boulder County Line is closed
• CR22 and 2nd Street in Bellvue are both closed
• CR 15 South of Berthoud at CR 6C is not closed but has water overtopping the road
• A few rockslides occurred in Rist Canyon and have been cleared by Road and Bridge.
On Twitter, follow Larimer County & Larimer County Office of Emergency Management – @LarimerOEM, @LarimerCounty; both are on Facebook as well.