Red Feather Mountain Library District currently has an opening on the Library Board of Trustees — the governing board for the library. If you have some spare time, are interested in area library services, and reside in the Glacier View, Red Feather Lakes or Crystal Lakes area please contact Creed at 970-881-2664 or email@example.com for more information.
By Creed Kidd, Library Director
An important upcoming area meeting is the Recovering after the High Park Fire and Preparing for the Next Fire Season (includes potluck and drawing for the fundraising quilt — proceeds going to the Glacier View Fire Dept.), Saturday, April 20, 3 to 6 p.m.
Upcoming library activities:
• Library tech time: Basics for Excel – April 5, 2 to 3 p.m.
• Young adult night (ages 12–18). Time and date to be announced. Please contact Darlene at 970-881-2664 (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
• Hiking at Shambhala Center. April 13, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please contact Darlene at 970-881-2664 (email@example.com) for more information.
• College resume assistance. April 18, 5 to 6 p.m. Need assistance with your resume or want suggestions on improving your resume? Bring any copies of your resume or a copy of a college’s application. If you contact Darlene at 970-881-2664, before the meeting the time can better meet your needs.
• April Tea Time: April 26, 3 to 4 p.m.
• Ladies Spa Day: April 27, 2 p.m.
• Finally, an important community event each spring is the Red Feather Lakes 9Heath Fair, this year to be held May 4 from 7 to 11 a.m. at three Village locations: The Library, the RFL POA (Property Association Building which should be open by then) and the RFLV Fire Department Ambulance Bay.
This is a once-a-year area opportunity to participate in low-cost blood screenings and free health screenings. New this year is the Gluten Sensitivity blood screening.
Also new is optional online registration at www.9healthfair.org. Click on Community Fairs, then find a fair, search for Red Feather Lakes and follow the online registration instructions (online registration is open for RFL now through May 2). Of course, same-day paper registration will continue to be available.
Both online and same day registration participants still need to go first to the POA building.
Low-cost blood screenings include blood chemistry, blood count, PSA (males only), vitamin D, hemoglobin A1c and gluten sensitivity. Free health screenings offered include vision, hearing, bone density, pulse oximetry, oral health, body in balance, foot and skin screenings. Health and information stations at the fair include Nurse Next Door, Mountain Outreach Team, Health District of Northern Larimer County and Rocky Mountain Medical Outfitting and Recycling helping with free and low-cost healthcare equipment and supplies.
Need further 9Health Fair information? Please contact Joan at 970-881-2498.
• April in Ruth’s Gallery: Ken Spooner, Acrylic painting