As the High Park Fire continues to burn to the west, fire officials have issued an all-clear for the Bonner Peaks subdivision and have opened County Road 27 south of Big Bear Road, including Big Bear Road itself but not Otter Road. Residents only may return to homes in this area.
The evacuation has also been lifted for the area of Big Bear Road, Bar D Ranch Road, south on Buckhorn Road to the junction of the Masonville Road, northwest to include Alfalfa Way, Buckhorn Ridge Way and Running Brook Lane. Residents may return home but must show proof of address to obtain passes at the roadblocks in those areas, according to the Larimer County Sheriff’s Department.
Glacier View remains on pre-evacuation alert and should be ready to leave in case an evacuation is ordered. There will be a public meeting for Glacier View residents at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Community Center at Gate 8. The meeting will be to discuss the fire and to answer any questions you may have. Residents will be receiving an emergency notification about the meeting.
The following roads remained closed due to the High Park Fire as of noon Thursday:
• Roads south of County Road 74E, including areas south and east of McNay Hill, Hewlett Gulch Road, Deer Meadow Way, Gordon Creek Lane and all connecting roads. Open only to residents.
• Colorado Highway 14 from Walden to Ted’s Place
• County Road 27 from Highway 14 to Masonville
• County Road 44H (Buckhorn Road) from County Road 27 west
• County Road 52E (Rist Canyon Road) from Stove Prairie to Bellvue
• County Road 23 from the junction of County Road 38E to Lodgepole Road
• Redstone Canyon
• County Road 38E from Masonville to the Harmony Road junction with Taft Hill Road is open only to residents who have been issued the proper credentials through proof of residence and a photo identification. Credentials can be obtained at the evacuation center at The Ranch at I-25 and Crossroads Boulevard in Loveland.
U.S Highway 287 is not closed.
The sheriff’s department will have a report on the ongoing assessment of property damage for evacuees at the 3 p.m. citizens’ briefing at The Ranch.
For the latest information on evacuations, road closures and the progress of the High Park Fire, go to www.larimer.org and click on the High Park Fire graphic.