LaPorte resident Teri Kman’s recipe for Grilled Corn Salsa was featured in this month’s issue of Taste of Home magazine, the leader in easy and accessible reader-submitted recipes read by 16 million people nationwide. Taste of Home receives 10s of thousands of recipes each year and Teri’s was chosen to be featured in the magazine.
Her recipe is a great addition to any summer grilling menu. “This summery salsa has sweetness and smoke from grilling the veggies. For more intense flavor, combine the ingredients and refrigerate overnight,” adds Kman.
Grilled Corn Salsa by Teri Kman of Laporte, Colorado
Prep: 30 MIN.
Grill: 30 MIN. + CHILLING
Yield: 71/2 CUPS
· 8 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
· 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-in. slices
· 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into four wedges
· 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-in. rings
· 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
Want more news about your community?Subscribe to NFN
· 1/2 cup olive oil
· 1/3 cup white balsamic or cider vinegar
· 12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
· 1 tsp. salt
· 1 tsp. garlic powder
· 1 tsp. dried oregano
1. Fill a soup kettle two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil. Add corn. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove corn; cool slightly.
2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill the corn, squash, red pepper and onion, covered, over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally.
3. Cut corn from cobs; cut the squash, red pepper and onion into bite-size pieces. Place vegetables in a large bowl; add tomato.
4. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with a slotted spoon.