by Nicole Yost
New Fire Sculpture People’s Choice Competition and HeartSafe Community partnership enhance nation’s largest Valentine’s Day festival
Want more news about your community?Subscribe to NFN
LOVELAND, Colo. – At its core, the nation’s largest Valentine’s Day Festival, the Loveland Fire & Ice Festival, brings fire, ice, entertainment and fun to families and couples looking to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Loveland, Colorado, the nation’s Sweetheart City. In its fourth year, the festival has grown to reach more than 40,000 attendees and is adding more fire and elevating its community partnerships to appeal to attendees from across the state, nation and world. The festival is back for its fourth year Feb. 9-11, 2018 in downtown Loveland.
New in 2018, festival organizer Blazen Illuminations has launched a Fire Sculpture People’s Choice Competition and a partnership with Heart Safe Community as new festival attractions to complement its successful lineup. The Fire Sculpture competition brings together community artists to create their own fire masterpieces to be displayed throughout the festival. Festival attendees will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite during People’s Choice voting. In celebration of February as American Heart Month, the Loveland Fire & Ice Festival has partnered with Northern Colorado’s Heart Safe Community to bring the “Heart Safe Community” designation to downtown Loveland by working to place automated external defibrillators (AEDs) in public gathering spots. This designation, sponsored by the American Heart Association, is a community-wide effort to educate citizens on the dangers of Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
“Now in its fourth year, the Loveland Fire & Ice Festival has grown to be a ‘must attend’ Valentine’s Day celebration. Our team thrives on providing positive, engaging guest experiences and we are excited about the new ways that the festival continues to grow and evolve. Our guests can look forward to enjoying some of their favorite experiences while exploring our exciting new attractions – celebrating artists and community,” said Nate Webb, owner of Blazen Illuminations, event organizer for the festival.
Follow your heart this Valentine’s Day to embrace the passion of the season through the arts of live entertainment, sculpting, culinary, brewing and more at the Loveland Fire and Ice Festival. In addition to the new attractions announced, additional exciting event highlights include:
- Live, free music and performances throughout the event
- Explosive nightly fireworks show with music and lights
- Ice sculpting performances and People’s Choice Award: Come watch and meet nationally renowned ice sculptors carve ice masterpieces. Once complete, vote for your favorite and see the pieces lit up with colorful, festive lights.
- Brewing and Distilling Arts – featuring local brewers and distillers such as Crow Hop, Grimm Brothers Brewhouse, Verboten Brewing, Big Thompson Brewery and more. Tickets go on sale in December.
- The Family Fair – a mini carnival with rides, face painting and games.
- The Marketplace – a place to experience artisan businesses and shop local
- A Food Truck Food Court – a place to refuel and recharge with a unique variety food options
- Our Heroes Vehicle Showcase featuring a collection of vintage firetrucks and first responder vehicles
- Romantic carriage rides
Loveland’s Fire & Ice Festival was inspired by Disneyland’s Main Street USA light and fireworks show as well as Montréal En Lumière and is unlike any other Valentine’s Day event you will experience. Presented by Visit Loveland and Blazen Illuminations, LLC, this event is free and open to the public.
Learn more at LovelandFireAndIce.com.
Media contact: Nicole Yost | Fyn PR for Loveland Fire & Ice Festival | Nicole@FynPR.com | 970-776-9980