On Monday, July 30 at 6:30 p.m. the Board of Larimer County Commissioners and the Larimer County Planning Commission, in a joint session, will hear a resolution to establish a two-year rebuilding program for the High Park fire area. The public hearing takes place at 200 West Oak St. at the Larimer County Courthouse Offices Building in the 1st floor Hearing Room.
The High Park fire destroyed 259 homes and numbers of accessory structures. The Larimer County Planning staff is recommending a two year program to assist fire survivors in their rebuilding efforts by providing a program that includes:
· provisions for temporary emergency housing
· provisions for temporary emergency accessory structures
· provides for the documentation of non-conforming structures and uses
· extends the timeframe to rebuild a nonconforming structure or reestablish a nonconforming use
· provides an administrative setback variance program for rebuilding structures
· provides a process for a property owner seeking to rebuild or reestablish business uses that have been operating without all required approvals and permits.
For further information Contact Larimer County Planning Department at 970-498-7683 or Planning Director Russ Legg at 970-498-7690.
Did you like what you just read?Show your support by donating $1 per month to North Forty News. This simple gesture will help us hire more journalists.