Poudre School District Superintendent Nancy Wright announced this afternoon that schools in the district will enact additional safety protocols, including locking all entrances except for the main entrance and continuously monitoring that entrance. The district is also adding additional mental health support for students.
Given the recent school violence in Connecticut and extensive media coverage of the Mayan calendar and doomsday prophecies, Poudre School District will be enacting additional safety protocols at all schools this week. Additional safety precautions include:
• All exterior doors will be locked except for the main entrance
• Any student not accompanied by a PSD staff member must enter school through the main entrance
• Main entrances will be physically monitored by school staff during the school day
• Additional security presence on campuses and at after-hours programs/activities as needed
• All emergency drills have been cancelled
• Additional mental health support for students will be available as needed.
PSD is committed to ensuring that all students continue to remain safe in our schools. If your child is struggling emotionally with Friday’s tragedy, please have your student talk to his/her teacher and/or counselor.
We understand that this is a challenging time for our community and nation. Thank you for your continued support of Poudre School District.
Nancy Wright, Ed.D.
Did you like what you just read?Show your support by donating $1 per month to North Forty News. This simple gesture will help us hire more journalists.