Firefighters are continuing to take advantage of snow to burn slash piles across the Canyon Lakes Ranger District throughout the week and weekend as conditions allow starting tomorrow. Burning could take place at one or more of these locations:
· Red Feather 1, south and east of Red Feather Lakes
· Crystal 4 and West Beaver, near Crystal Lakes Subdivision
· Estes Valley 5, near Johnny Park Road
· Thompson River 2, southeast of Estes Park across Highway 36 from Hermit Park
· Seven Mile, located southwest of Red Feather Lakes
· Trout/McGrevey, located in northern Larimer County in the Sheep Creek area
Help NFN Grow
This winter, crews have burned over 4,300 piles on the district. Conditions are evaluated each day of the burn to determine if ignition will take place. Wind, fuel moisture, staffing and snow cover all play a factor in where and whether ignition occurs.
Please check recorded information line at 970-498-1030 for the latest information.