Support Northern Colorado Journalism
Show your support for North Forty News by helping us produce more content. It's a kind and simple gesture that will help us continue to bring more content to you.Click to Donate
Ready to recycle that live, or once-alive, Christmas tree? Here are some locations throughout Northern Colorado.
What happens to the trees?
Recycled trees will be repurposed and used for landscaping application in the spring, so wood mulch produced from these trees must be contamination-free.
In Fort Collins, Recycle your live Christmas tree at the drop-off locations listed below. Fees apply, contact the specific location for details.
Be sure to remove all items from the tree before dropping off, including lights, wire, hooks, ornaments, tinsel, and fake snow.
- Timberline Recycling Center Hard-to-Recycle Materials Yard: $10 fee ($5 entry fee, plus $5 per tree). View Fees
- Hageman Earth Cycle: $5 per tree
- Larimer County Landfill Green Waste Program: $5 per tree from December 27th – January 15th
*Free drop-off program for trees will not be available this year. The previous drop-off locations in city parks will not be operational.
Wellington Recycling Drop-Off Site in the lot across from Wellington Middle School along 6th St, December 29 through February 6.
Other regional locations:
Loveland Recycling locations, open from December 27 to January 31, 2022:
- Centennial Park at W. First and Taft Ave is on the south end of town.
- Drop off at Kroh Park, north highway 287, and 52nd St.
- For West Side drop off at the Loveland Recycling Center off first street and Wilson Ave. Make sure you have a current Yard Waste Debris Permit for this location.
Windsor Tree Recycle Location is at Chimney Park Athletic Fields Parking lot, 200 East Chestnut St, from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm. You can also drop off at the Recycling Center at 801 Diamond Valley Dr.
In Greeley, you can drop off at Greeley Organic Waste Center, 1130 E. 8th St. in Greeley. They are open Monday through Friday from 10 am to 4 pm.