Support Northern Colorado Journalism
Show your support for North Forty News by helping us produce more content. It's a kind and simple gesture that will help us continue to bring more content to you.Click to Donate
Metropolitan Theatres Corporation has announced the reopening of Camino Real Cinemas on Friday, March 26, and Fiesta 5 Theatres on Wednesday, March 31.
Movie-goers will be welcomed back to the cinema as new movies like Godzilla vs. Kong and Quiet Place 2 release. The theatres are located at 7040 Marketplace Drive in Goleta and 916 State Street in Santa Barbara.
Tickets can be purchased starting Tuesday, March 23, and private rentals of new theatrical releases are available at both theatres for up to 20 guests. The theatres will reopen according to local mandates and offer enhanced cleanliness, sanitizing, and safety measures at every step of the movie-going experience.
The theatres will continue to keep high safety standards, physical distancing, cleanliness, and sanitation for guest’s and employees’ well-being. Employees have been trained before reopening on proper safety protocols. They will wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) while working, in addition to completing a wellness check-in before each shift.
Safety protocols in place at Metropolitan Theatres are as follows:
- Auditoriums will be disinfected between showtimes.
- Theatres will have reduced capacities to maximize physical distancing.
- All showtimes offer reserved seating with social distancing technology that automatically blocks seats adjacent to a party upon ticket purchase.
- Face masks will be mandatory for all guests within the theatre and may only be removed for eating and drinking while in the auditoriums. Face masks and gloves will be required for all employees.
- All public and high-contact touchpoints will be disinfected frequently.
- Sanitization stations are placed throughout the theatre for customer use.
- Guests are encouraged to purchase tickets online or on our new Metropolitan Theatres mobile app allowing for contactless payment methods to provide a more contact-free experience.
Metropolitan Theatres has additionally aligned with Cinema Safe to voluntarily follow a set of health and safety protocols created by industry experts based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OHSA).
For more information regarding Metropolitan Theatres, visit www.MetroTheatres.com.