The 2012 Larimer County Department of Natural Resources’ annual entrance permits will be available for purchase on Dec. 1.
The 13-month permits, valid through December 2012, allow use of parks and open spaces managed by Larimer County: Carter Lake, Flatiron Reservoir, Hermit Park Open Space, Horsetooth Reservoir, Horsetooth Mountain Open Space, Pinewood Reservoir, and Ramsay-Shockey Open Space.
Permits will be available for purchase online at www.larimer.org/naturalresources; at The Bison Visitor Center north of Carter Lake (1800 S. County Road 31, Loveland); at the Citizen Information Center at the Courthouse Offices Building in Fort Collins (200 W. Oak St.); from rangers in the field, and at local businesses.
Available permits include:
• Larimer County Resident Vehicle Permit: $65 per vehicle
• Larimer County Resident Boat Permit: $65 per boat
• Non-resident Vehicle Permit: $85 per vehicle
• Non-resident Boat Permit: $85 per boat
• Paddling Permit (a “family” permit which allows three non-registered, non-motorized boats from the same household on the lake at the same time): $35
• Senior Vehicle Permit: $35 for persons age 65 and over, regardless of residency
• Second Vehicle Permit: $40 (one discounted permit allowed with the purchase of one full-priced permit)
• Permit for Persons with Disabilities: $10 (call 970-679-4570 for requirements)
For more information, call 970-679-4570, or go to the county website at www.larimer.org/naturalresources.